Ensure your Cync Smart Devices function properly by keeping their firmware up to date.
You will be notified in the Cync app if any of your Cync smart devices require a firmware update.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Firmware Updates (you will see a red dot next to this option when an update is available.
- Select Update All at the bottom of the screen.
- Your devices will begin to update to the newest firmware.
TroubleshootingWhat does the red icon mean next to my devices?
- If you see a red error icon next to your devices, those smart devices are offline and are unable to update. Check your internet connection, make sure the devices are powered on, and move closer to the device to try and regain connection.
Why do I need to update my devices in app?
- It is important to keep your device’s firmware updated regularly. This will ensure that the devices are functioning properly, and all your smart products work together to provide the best user experience.
- There are many reasons why a firmware update may have failed during execution. If a failed update occurs, try the update again. If that doesn’t resolve the issue, then one of these common issues may be the cause.
- Ensure your phone is connected to the internet using either mobile data or Wi-Fi.
- Make sure the Wi-Fi router that your plug is connected to is powered on and broadcasting. Wi-Fi enabled devices need to be connected to the internet to complete firmware updates.
- Stand closer to your device. When updating firmware, ensure you are no more than 40 feet from the device.