Installation instructions for Single-Pole, 3-Way and 4-Way setups. Reminder that Cync 3-Wire Switches and Dimmers do not require a neutral wire.
Jump to instructions based on the type of install you are doing:
Need assistance? Jump to helpful tips or troubleshooting steps:
Single-Pole installation means you are installing one switch that controls one circuit and one set of lights.
Download the Installation Guide for the single-pole installation of your Cync/C by GE 3-Wire Smart Switch.
3-Way installation means you are installing two switches that control one circuit and one set of lights.
NOTE: All switches on the same circuit must be replaced with a Cync or C by GE Smart Switch. For example, if you replace one switch on the circuit with Cync/C by GE Smart Switch, you will need to replace all the switches on that same circuit with a Cync/C by GE Smart Switch.
Download the Installation Guide for a 3-Way installation of your Cync/C by GE 3-Wire Smart Switches.
For a 3-Way setup:
- Only the load switch will turn the light on/oﬀ until all switches/dimmers on the circuit are grouped in the same Cync app room.
- If you setup dimmers, the dimmer buttons will not work until all dimmers are grouped in the same Cync app room.
- 3-Wire Switches and Dimmers have a 15W minimum load requirement. Depending on the bulb type or the wattage of your lights, you may experience functionality issues that would require the use of the Cync Bulb Adapter (included in box) or the Fixture Adapter (available through Cync Customer Service 1-844-302-2943). If you are experiencing any functionality issues after installing your switch, here are more details on the adapter requirements.
- Your switch is not in setup mode if the LED light on your switch is not flashing blue after you've installed it. This means you will not be able to connect it to the Cync app. If the LED light did not turn on, here are some common solutions:
- Confirm the breaker is on
- Check that the switch is wired correctly
- You may need to install the Bulb Adapter or Fixture Adapter. Click here for more information.
- If the bulb adapter does not fit the light bulbs on the circuit, call Cync Customer Support to request a Fixture Adapter: 1-844-302-2943
- If the light ring is flashing red, this means the circuit is overloaded. Max load rating is 150W for LED and 450W for incandescent/halogen.